Current Job Opportunities
variable hours (av. 50% of full time)
To drive our business successfully and sustainably into the next decade and ensure we are ready to face the many challenges ahead, the Green Pea Company are looking to recruit a new General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of GPC’s operational activities, including working closely with the Agriculture team at Birds Eye.
Reporting to the Chairman with accountability to the Board of Directors, you will have the capability to develop into the role of Chief Executive within the next 18 months. Additional responsibilities for financial matters, communication and managing the wider Birds Eye relationship would be the responsibility of the wider Chief Executive’s role.
A full job specification can be found below:
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience & working knowledge of arable enterprises including Peas.
• Experience of managing people, including the ability to delegate, monitor performance and develop people
• Experience of business planning and an awareness of financial issues
• Excellent communicator with the ability to influence key stakeholders
• Ability to monitor, interpret and communicate data and financial information
• Ability to work and contribute to multiple teams – Operations, Board, Birds Eye, etc
• Can do attitude, with an ability to make things happen and meet deadlines.
In return, you will receive a salary and benefits (pro-rated) commensurate with this key position.
Interested and ready for a new challenge?
Please email your CV and covering letter to:
Diane Flint, Chairman of the Remuneration & Nominations Committee firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday 6th March, 2017.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY 21ST MARCH, 2017
Job Specification and Details